Monday, August 24, 2009

Smocked Dress

I love smocking right now, and am using it on everything! Here's the first smocked dress I made. It was definitely experimental, but I think it turned out well and I learned a lot from it! I love the fabric especially- it is so cheerful and vintage-looking.
I have a bunch of fabric all ready for more smocked dresses- I'm also planning on putting some of them on etsy, since I love to make them but can only keep so many! I also want to make another one of these with the same fabric. Check back to see the polka dot one that I'm working on now...



1 comment:

  1. This dress looks so bright and attractive!

    Don't you like the comfort that smocking adds to a garment? It makes such a soft elastic give that is much more attractive than elastic.

    Keep up the good work. I like the outcome.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails